Saturday, July 10, 2010

I give You my all




My youngest son, Joseph, was up most of the night last night...which means that I was too.  He has a fever and a stuffy nose.  All he has wanted to do today is rest and snuggle.  I can't get too far from him without him crying out for me.  Today we were resting on the couch and he was holding me so tight.  He knew that I was going to hold him and he was so comfortable and felt safe.  He was in my arms and I was thinking how much we are like that sometimes in our relationships with God.  When we are tired, sad or sick, we cling to Him and seek that comfort and love.  His arms are always wide open and He wants to hold onto His children day or night. I had a lot of stuff I really needed to do today but I didn't even think about doing them. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but holding my sweet boy.  The problem with us is when we feel better we get up and start back into what we want to do.  In a day or two my little one will be back jumping off the couch with his big brother and wanting to play outside.  He won't cling to me the way he did when he didn't feel well.  I know there are times in my life when I get so busy and I don't cling to Christ the way I should.  I start doing things on my own.  I don't want to only seek the Lord in times of needs or in times of trouble, I want to cling to Him in everything, in every aspect and moment of my life.

Psalm 33:22  "May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you."

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

No comments: